Not sure why, but I always think of southern cooking when April rolls around. Maybe it’s because the Masters is on TV and Alberta’s golf season is near, or maybe it’s just because southern food is so darn good. Whatever the reason, April’s cooking classes offer a little southern comfort.
In these classes, you will learn how to make:
- warm corn bread featuring blue corn meal, with honey butter
- baked ham from our friends at Irvings Farm Fresh with apple butter “pot licker” sauce
- fantastic mashed sweet potatoes
- buttery turnips
- ham and bean soup with spotted prawns from BC’s coast
- southern praline cake, flavoured with bourbon
You can choose one of the following classes:
Tuesday, April 5th – starting at 6:30pm
Tuesday, April 19th – starting at 6:30pm
Saturday, April 9th – starting at 12:30pm
Saturday, April 30th – starting at 12:30pm
Tickets are $135/person, plus GST, which includes tasting all of the food made and wine/beverage pairings. And you get to take home all the recipes. These spots go quickly and each class runs 3 to 3.5 hours. Sign up today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 780-757-7704.
If you want your own private cooking class on Southern Comfort foods, or any other cooking theme, we can make that happen. A minimum of 8 people are required.
Give us a call. We’d love to have you in our KITCHEN.