Dear KITCHEN Customers and Friends,
I learned today that certain batches of my Bacon Jam, or Bacon by Brad Smoliak, product may permit the growth of Clostridium botulinum, or the bacteria that can cause botulism.
The affected product is labeled “Bacon by Brad” and was sold only in Alberta with the Best Before dates of “14 MA 14” and “14 JL 14”.
If you have any of the affected product, please throw it out immediately, or return it to KITCHEN by Brad or the retail store where you purchased it for a full refund.
I deeply regret the concern and uncertainty this may cause you. I am a chef that lives in a culture of food safety. I have an unwavering commitment to keeping your food safe with standards that go beyond regulatory requirements. I acknowledge that my best efforts failed and I am sorry.
The same day we learned of this possibility, we worked with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) to execute a full recall of the product. There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product. The recall does not include any other Kitchen by Brad food product. The affected product was made in an off-site manufacturing facility and not at Kitchen.
I understand that your confidence in my products may be shaken, but I commit to you that my actions today and in the future will always be guided by putting your interests first.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-757-7704.