KITCHEN and Brad Smoliak are hitting Highway 16 East again, but this time we’re hosting and cooking an Ukrainian inspired Long Table Dinner at the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village.
Join Brad at the Ukrainian Village on Saturday, July 15th, 2017 for a long table dinner complete with cooking demonstrations and an after-hours, interactive tour of one of Alberta’s best living history museums.
This interactive interpretive program will allow you to trace the origins and uses of wheat and flour from field to table…literally! You will learn all about the early agricultural activities of Ukrainian settlers in east central Alberta and how the work of small family homesteads contributed to the global grain economy and helped to build Alberta.
The event starts promptly at 5:00pm, so you must be on site at 4:45pm. The Ukrainian Village is approximately 30 minutes east of Edmonton (but with possible city construction, make sure you give yourself up to 60 minutes to get there. More details on what you need to know about the Village can be found below).
Tickets for this dinner are $130 per person plus GST, which includes:
- an Ukrainian inspired dinner prepared on site by Chef Brad
- cooking demonstrations with Chef Brad
- interactive, after hours tour of the Ukrainian Village
- horse-drawn wagon ride
- bag of Red Fife flour and a handmade napkin ring to take home
Please note this is a no-alcohol event and there are only 18 spots available for this exclusive dinner and event. Purchase tickets now by emailing email@example.com or calling 780-757-7704. This is a private, ticketed event and is not open to the public.
Preparing for your long table dinner at the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village
The Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village (UCHV) is located 30 minutes east of Edmonton along Highway 16, just 3 km east of Elk Island National Park. For detailed location information, please see their website.
The UCHV is open to the public daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. until Labour Day, and you are welcome to visit this award-winning living-history museum at your leisure earlier in the day.
Upon arrival at the UCHV, please stop at the Admissions Booth and indicate you are arriving for the long table dinner. From there, park in the main parking lot and proceed to the main Visitor Centre. The pre-dinner program will begin at the Visitor Centre at 5 p.m.
At the Village, you will be stepping back in time into a rural outdoor setting, we recommend all guests prepare by wearing/bringing the following (this event will take place rain or shine):
- Good walking shoes for our gravel roads and paths. There will be some walking involved in the pre-dinner program, as well as a walk back to parking at the end of the evening.
- Sun protection and bug spray. During the beginning of the program guests will likely be enjoying some lovely late day sunshine, and as the sun goes down some mosquitoes may be out.
- Jacket or sweater. As the sun goes down, this will help you remain comfortable in the cooler evening.