Ukrainian Cherry Cake
Global TV March 21, 2022
½ cup soft butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 cups frozen cherries or other berry of choice. Defrost in sieve and reserve juice
1 T lemon juice
1 T. cinnamon sugar mixture (1/2 cinnamon, 1/2 sugar)
- In mixer cream butter until lemon colour
- Add sugar and cream until fluffy
- Add eggs and continue to cream until well blended
- Add BP to flour and slow speed of mixer and add in two batches. Mix until well blended. Batter will be thick.
- Turn batter into buttered springform 9” springform cake tin. Dot top with 1 cup berries, sprinkle with lemon juice and then cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree oven, 1 hr.
- Reduce reserved juice by half to slightly thicken and add 1 cup of berries, serve with cake.