Demonstration cooking classes
Due to COVID-19 those who received gift certificates in 2020/2021 were unable to use them. Kitchen is extending their use through 2022. If you have trouble redeeming your gift certificate, please email email@example.com. Please provide the gift certificate number when you contact us.
Cooking Classes are communal; therefore, you will be sitting with a group up to 8 guests. Kitchen by Brad adheres to the safety protocols set by the Restriction Exemption Program. All guests must provide the QR code of double vaccination or produce a negative COVID test within 72 hours of the class. For more information, please visit here.
The classes are demonstration style but there are opportunities to get your hands in the flour, so to speak, if you wish.
Get ready to eat, drink, gather and learn.
KITCHEN offers demonstration cooking classes for groups of 8 people. We work together to create a custom menu for a 3-hour class that includes:
- Multiple items that are prepared by our chefs, right in front of you and your friends
- Family style tasting and sampling of everything we create
- Our chefs share their tips and tricks of the trade so you can be a more confident cook
- A glass of Prosecco and two glasses of wine per person
- Coffee, tea and sparkling water
- Printed recipes to take home for every item we create
We run a number of open classes on Tuesdays from 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM to which you can attend on your own, or with family and friends. The theme of the classes rotates between two themes for winter:
Baba and Gido’s Ukrainian Classics
You will learn to make some of the favourites that we all know and love.
- Varenyky aka, perogie, pyrohy, pirohy. Whatever you want to call them, they are pillows of goodness.
- Holopchi aka, Cabbage Rolls. They come in a sweet version and sour version. This alone divides many Ukrainian families, ours included.
We will also dive into other items that you may have never tried.
- Mushroom and Bean Soup
- Bargez Pork Stew
- Honey Berry Cake
Taste of London
London is perhaps the greatest food city in the world. In terms of diversity and international cuisines, it has it all. You don’t have to go too far in any direction to find some of the best Indian, Turkish, Burmese, or traditional pub food to get some of the very best. The Smo’s favourites found on our travels will be demonstrated in this class.
- Ruby Chicken, this was the precursor to butter chicken. London’s popular restaurant Dishoom sells over 500 dishes of this each night.
- Burmese Ginger Salad, when you think there is too much ginger in a recipe, add more.
- Turkish Lamb Kebabs, some of the best Turkish food we have ever eaten has been in London. Lots of restaurants to choose from and they are all exceptional.
- English Devilled Beef, this is usually done with kidney’s which makes a spectacularly rich dish, but for the purpose of this class we are using beef as not all appreciate kidneys.
- Sticky Toffee Pudding, this speaks for itself.
Classes run approximately 3 hours. Wine and/or beverages are paired to the dishes. You will leave very satiated. We recommend you plan your transportation accordingly.
$155 per person, excluding GST
Cancellation Policy: Refunds are not available however you can transfer your booking to another person. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to transfer your booking to another person.